Terms and Conditions of Use
GreatestHotels.com (GH) is a hotel search website that offers users information about different types of hotels and accommodations throughout the world (such as hotels, resorts, small boutique hotels, etc.). This agreement was written in English (U.S.). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls.
Date of Last Revision: September 2, 2016
- Acceptance of Terms
- 1.2. These terms and conditions are subject to modification by GH from time to time and apply to all of GH’s services whether provided directly, indirectly through third parties, via the internet, on mobile devices, or by e-mail.
- Services; Limitation of Responsibility
- 2.1. On the GH website, you have the ability to view and compare hotel accommodations offered by third parties. GH is not responsible and shall not liable for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or credibility of any content displayed on the GH website that is provided by third parties. GH offers no advice or recommendation regarding your selection of accommodations.
- 2.2. If you choose to make a reservation at a hotel displayed on the GH website, you will be directed to, and will book the selected hotel through a direct connection to that hotel’s booking site, which is unrelated to GH and for which GH shall have no responsibility or liability to you. GH serves solely as an agent of the hotels displayed on the GH website, and provides you only with the technical connection to the selected hotel’s booking site. Accordingly, GH is not, and shall not be deemed to be, a travel agent, travel operator, booking agent or contractual party to any agreement entered into between you and the selected hotel.
- 2.3. By booking a reservation on the booking website of a selected hotel, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of that booking website. The terms and conditions applicable to a booking website can be viewed on that website. Once you make a reservation on a displayed hotel’s booking website, any and all contractual obligations arising therefrom or relating thereto shall be solely between you and such hotel’s booking website. GH shall not be a party to any such contract and in no event shall GH have any responsibility, liability or obligation with respect to such contract or the performance thereof by either party. Since GH is not a party to any such hotel booking contract, you acknowledge and agree that any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action which you may have arising out of or relating to such contract, or the hotel reservation to which it relates, are to be asserted solely against the applicable booking website and not against GH. If, in violation of the immediately preceding sentence, you wrongfully assert any such claim against GH, you agree to indemnify GH from and against all costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees and expenses) incurred by it in responding to or defending against any such claim.
- 2.4. This agreement sets forth the terms applicable to your use of the GH website and shall not be modified, superseded or affected by any agreement entered into by you with a selected hotel’s booking website, the selected hotel or other third parties.
- GH Guest Member Program
- 3.1. You have the option of joining the GH Guest Member Program and creating a member account within the GH Guest Sign Up area.
- Privacy; E-mail Advertisements
- 4.2. GH collects, processes and uses your personal data (hereafter “data”) only if we have obtained your consent thereto, or if permitted or required to do so by any applicable law, rule, regulation or court order.
- 4.3. GH will only collect, process and use data necessary for the provision of the services rendered by GH, for the use or operation of the GH website or for the use and operation of any third party websites, applications or services from which you may be connected through the GH website.
- 4.4. If you agree to receive information about GH, hotels displayed on the GH website and other GH services, whether during registration for the GH Guest Member Program or at another time while using GH’s services, you may receive periodic product information or advertising via e-mail or other authorized methods. Your consent may be revoked at any time by written communication with, or by e-mail sent to, GH.
- 5.1. GH reserves the right to terminate your access to, and to delete your registration with, GH or any of its programs, services or displayed hotels, at any time and without prior notice, if it has reason to believe that you have violated the letter or spirit of this agreement. You may terminate your account, and /or your membership in the GH Guest Member Program, at any time.
- Limitation of Liability
- 6.1. As provided in Section 2 hereof, GH shall have no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, failure to perform, misunderstanding or dispute arising out of or related to your use of the booking website of any hotel displayed on GH, or to which you may be directed by GH. GH is not a party to any booking contract which you may enter into with any hotel or hotel’s booking website, and GH shall not have any responsibility or liability for the processing of any such bookings, payments or other disputes arising from or relating to any such contract.
- 6.2. GH shall not be responsible for verifying the accuracy of content uploaded to the GH website by or on behalf of the hotels displayed or advertised on the GH website, specifically including, without limitation, information regarding hotel pricing and availability. Such content is provided by or on behalf of the respective hotels for publication on the GH website and the persons providing such content shall be solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or credibility thereof.
- 6.3. GH shall not be liable for any loss arising out of technical malfunctions, matters not within GH’s sole control or caused by force majeure. GH does not guarantee uninterrupted availability of data on the GH website and may perform maintenance thereon at any time, or from time to time, as determined by GH in its sole discretion.
- Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
- 7.1. The terms and conditions of use, as may be amended by GH from time to time, that are in effect at the time you use the GH website shall apply. Members of the GH Guest Member Program will receive notifications about changes to these Terms and Conditions of Use by e-mail. You may download and print the current terms and conditions if you have that capacity on your computer system.
- Applicable Law and Place of Jurisdiction
- 8.1. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Florida, without regard to conflict of law principles. For any proceeding under or with respect to this agreement, the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Florida and of the United States located in the County of Collier, Florida, and agree not to raise, and hereby waive, any objection to or defense based upon the venue of any such court or based upon forum non-conveniens.